500 North Bodmer Avenue, Strasburg, OH 44680
Rules & Regulations
Lots and lot owners are subject to the following rules and reguations of the Cemetery, along with any rules which may hereafter be made and approved by the Cemetery Trustees:
- The cemetery is open to the public seven (7) days a week, from sun-up to sundown.
- Persons on cemetery property before sun-up or after sundown are trespassing.
- Visitors are reminded that the cemetery contains the sacred remains of the deceased.
- Respect of the graves, monuments, decorations and other visitors is expected at all times.
- Vehicles are to remain on paved roadways and should not exceed 15 mph.
- Children are to be accompanied by an adult.
- Animals must be on a leash and in the control of their owner.
- Ownership of cemetery lots will be evidenced by a deed issued to the purchaser after payment has been received in full.
- Lot ownership, along with any interment (burial) permissions, should be expressed at the time of purchase.
- Burial permissions granted after purchase must be approved by Cemetery Trustees and recorded on the cemetery map to be valid.
- Lots are non-transferable and can ONLY be sold back to Grandview Union Cemetery.
- Burials are permitted ONLY after a burial order has been approved by the Cemetery Sexton (caretaker) no less than 24 hours in advance, and arrangements for the opening/closing fees have been made.
- Funeral ceremonies are permitted weekdays between the hours of 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, and Saturdays between the hours of 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- Burials are not permitted on New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day or Christmas.
- Cremations require a statement from the crematorium and must be in a sealed container.
- The Cemetery caretakers will be responsible for the opening and closing, and will ensure that the top of the container is not less than 18 inches below the surface.
- Homemade caskets are permitted, provided they are covered with a burial vault.
FOUNDATIONS & MONUMENTS
- Foundations for monuments should be three (3) feet deep, square at the bottom, and with a 5 inch lip on all sides of the monument.
- Concrete for foundations cannot contain filler and should be machine-mixed.
- Monuments cannot exceed five (5) feet in height.
- Foot markers, baby markers and soldier markers should be made of a permanent stone or metal (such as granite, northern marble or bronze).
- Foundations and monuments should NOT be installed before April 1st or after November 1st, or other times when the ground is saturated and the installation will cause damage to surrounding grass.
FLOWERS, WREATHES, DECORATIONS & PLANTINGS
- Flowers, wreathes and decorations should be attached to the monument or placed in holders mounted to the foundation surrounding the monument.
- Fencing, coping and curbing extending more than one (1) inch above the ground is prohibited.
- Shrubs, trellises, creeping vines or other objectionable plantings are prohibited.
- In the event that flowers, wreathes, decorations or plantings are placed or installed OFF the monument or foundation, the family/friends of the deceased will be responsible for weeding and trimming the grave. If the grave is NOT properly maintained, the decorations or plantings will be removed to allow the Cemetery caretakers to mow, trim and keep the appearance of your loved one's grave at the level they deserve.